Psyren Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Psyren based RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Items in PSYREN

Go down 
+2
Ciro
Mikoto Iori
6 posters

What Items Can Be Taken Into PSYREN
Ciro Opinion- Clothing/PSYREN Calling Card/Cell Phones
Items in PSYREN I_vote_lcap40%Items in PSYREN I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Mikoto Opinion- Clothing/PSYREN Calling Card/Cell Phones/Carrying Case/Weaponry/Resources
Items in PSYREN I_vote_lcap60%Items in PSYREN I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Nothing
Items in PSYREN I_vote_lcap0%Items in PSYREN I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mikoto Iori

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:25 am

For the past little while now, I have had a disagreement with Ciro that certain items can be brought into PSYREN with the Drifters. He claims that only things such as Clothing, Carrying Cases (Suitcases, Rucksacks, Backpacks etc.), and Rations (Food/Water).

I, however, claim that Weaponry can also be brought into PSYREN, with no noticeable adverse effects to said weaponry.

When I brought to attention that the Manga backs this up by proving that Amamiya carries weapons with her into PSYREN Ciro claimed that Amamiya simply "hides" this weaponry in the future. To which I responded "How is she getting the weaponry INTO Psyren", cause no one is just gonna leave a Katana, A Sickle and Chain and other weaponry lying around on the ground. In response, he cleared the Cbox and told me to open a Poll to settle the matter.

Amamiya and Ageha's Backpacks-
Spoiler:

Hiryuu Brought a Plastic bag...for whatever reason-
Spoiler:

Amamiya's Sickle and Chain-
Spoiler:

Notice that Amamiya is now Using a identical Sickle and Chain in PSYREN-
Spoiler:

Amamiya Holding a Katana at the time of Teleportation. (NO WAY she moved quick enough to grab it and then returned to floating within a nanosecond)-
Spoiler:

Identical Katana with Amamiya's things, only a minute or two after her arrival-
Spoiler:

Well, that's the most I got. I trust you will all state your opinions.
Back to top Go down
Ciro

Ciro

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:25 pm

It's a known fact that Sakurako hides these weapons where she most likely goes. She was shown hiding the weapons and stating that she does in fact have several variations of weapons as well as copies that she hides all over the place.

I'm not looking for her actually hiding the weapon but for those of you that wish to look I believe she hid a katana in a locker or a safe of some kind before...

Here is a picture of her room though with weapons of various origins and types and her SAYING that she has to hide a new one:

Spoiler:

That alone is enough to prove that weapons clearly don't. What MAY happen is that Q does something to protect these weapons. It is certainly within her / his capabilities is it not?

As far as the chain weapon. They never showed where she put the chain or where she got it in the two chapters between it's first sighting and it's second. So this again goes back to her saying that she hides the weapons and the wiki article stating the following:

Psyren_wiki wrote:
Amamiya is well versed in the use of weapons. She hides weapons in the locations she is at most often in the present so that, when she is transported to Psyren, she will be armed. She most commonly uses a katana in combination with her Rise abilities, but has been seen with a scythe on a chain and other makeshift weapons.

And to finish off, Sakurako had no use of Burst. She was specifically Rise and Trance so OF COURSE she'd need a weapon. While Abyss seemed to only use Burst, Sakurako as a person did not, which left her rather defenseless more or less. Everyone else here has Burst or offensive Trance abilities so a weapon would be pointless. (note: this only applies to Drifters)

As for the rest, the backpacks, rations, etc etc. I don't care one way or the other.

Aaand...that's my case. Anybody else? Agree? Disagree?
Back to top Go down
Methias

Methias

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:21 pm

As Ciro just said, Sakurako clearly says she has to hide weapons. Why? Because they travel through time, they are somehow still there, and she can use them in the future. ALL they take with them to the Future is what they are carrying with them. Not answering your phone is fucking painful, and you're not going to be running around making sure you've got all the stuff you've listed. You never know when you're going to be called, so saying that you can obtain all of this is a bit beyond my capabilities of belief.

So basically, you take with you whatever you're carrying. You won't be walking around with a sword in the street, you just won't be. If you're in doors, you'll be answering that phone so quickly, that if that weapons not in your hand it won't be coming with you. Simple as that. You don't get much time between phone ringing and throbbing head pains.

So yeah, basically, you take whatever is with you at the time. It has to be CONNECTED to you. As I said, if that phone rings, you won't be running around looking for a sword, so you can't pull that bull on me. Feel free to take a sword / weapon to Psyren, I don't truly care, but as I said before, you won't be carrying the sword with you in the street, you won't be able to grab it conveniently when your phone rings, and the best way to get a weapon there is to hide it somewhere you will likely be nearby (Home town, your house etc.)

Finally, and I quote:

Quote :
When I brought to attention that the Manga backs this up by proving that Amamiya carries weapons with her into PSYREN Ciro claimed that Amamiya simply "hides" this weaponry in the future.

I like your use of "Hides". It appears to me you're trying to be disrespectful to staff, and saying that he's wrong in that department. According to his link, he's not, so I'm more inclined to believe him. And considering you went through all the trouble to find those pages, I'm honestly surprised you didn't try to see if Ciro's claims were correct. If I try to prove someone wrong, I firstly try to find out if they're right.

So, in conclusion:

You take what you're carrying. No more, no less.
There is not enough time between the phone call and intense pain for you to collect your things.
Respect Staff, they've all read every page of this Manga thus far, they know what they're talking about.
Stop bitching, this is dealt with.
I'm a legend

That is all.

Methias.
Back to top Go down
Ciro

Ciro

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Was the last part REALLY needed Methias? -.-

Leave it to you to have a grandiose ending, lol.

And it's not REALLY dealt with, silly...
Back to top Go down
Methias

Methias

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:29 pm

As far as i'm concerned, nothing else needs to be said. What I've said is supported by the Manga. You take what you're carrying, that is it. Things aren't always convenient, so sometime you will have what you want, other times you won't. It's the way this Manga has proven itself to be. What more needs to be said?
Back to top Go down
Ciro

Ciro

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Well we make a lot of exceptions, love. Why not have this be one of them?

I am not arguing for that side, merely playing Devil's Advocate. Something you're entirely too familiar with.

I still want to hear other people's opinions and thoughts. After that I promise I will let you declare this closed. I'll even give you a gavel <3
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:23 am

I'm not going to vote. Because I agree with none of these options, and would rather see something in between, say...

PSYREN Calling Card, Cell Phone, Clothing, Resources.
Back to top Go down
Ryoji

Ryoji

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:42 am

We have to remember, this is a manga universe, and roleplay, at that. Meaning: things ARE more convinient than they would ever be in real life. I say, if someone wants a weapon, let them take a weapon - who knows, not every Drifter here might want to fight with PSI alone. Variation is the key there.
And if Ryoji miracolously always manages to land in a cloud of dust at first, a katana user should be able to somehow get a blade at most times, unless it's supposed to be a special twist. I mean, we're not sealing off the PSI of someone using PSI as a means for offense, either, right?

that's my opinion on this. Player needs over 100% accuracy, imo.
Back to top Go down
Ciro

Ciro

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:47 am

Well we're hardly 100% accurate, but as Methias said is everyone just going to walk around with a giant broad sword or a scythe or some other weapon at all times? Such things would not likely be, and even in RP that's pushing the bill a bit, no?

And on the other hand, smaller weapons like knives or guns may be carried at all times. I know people who do that certainly. But even so, fighting a PSI user with a knife is like fighting a dog with a wet paper bag. It's useful for a moment (if that), but people like Chatha, Ciro, Cide, Natsu, Methias, and even Blitz would not likely be effected by such a small weapon simply because of range and skill of the player (not to say that I am godly, but I know enough to avoid getting hit by a dagger while taking other hits, or avoiding taking a full force hit with such a thing)

Which then presents the problem of why bother going through that if people have a range advantage as well as the skill to lessen or avoid damage?
Back to top Go down
Chatha

Chatha

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:00 am

I have been rereading the manga for MY ow amusment, and have seen that anytime that items from the past have been taken into Psyren, they were nearby and at hand. Ex Amamyia and her Katana. She has said that she keeps one at school, and she has a fucking closet full of weapons. Means she has these weapons hidden at locations she believes she is most likely to get a call from Q. Which also means that she is not carry a katana with her where ever she goes. Same with the resources brought to Psyren in volume one. The call is at her appartment while Ahega is training and uses his black burst for the first time. All this shit is nearby. All of my points can be found in the first volume of the manga, so I will not be putting the links to these pages in this post. So I say Calling card/Cell phone/Clothing and anything on hand when the call comes in.
Back to top Go down
Mikoto Iori

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:46 am

Methias wrote:
As Ciro just said, Sakurako clearly says she has to hide weapons. Why? Because they travel through time, they are somehow still there, and she can use them in the future. ALL they take with them to the Future is what they are carrying with them. Not answering your phone is fucking painful, and you're not going to be running around making sure you've got all the stuff you've listed. You never know when you're going to be called, so saying that you can obtain all of this is a bit beyond my capabilities of belief.

So basically, you take with you whatever you're carrying. You won't be walking around with a sword in the street, you just won't be. If you're in doors, you'll be answering that phone so quickly, that if that weapons not in your hand it won't be coming with you. Simple as that. You don't get much time between phone ringing and throbbing head pains.

So yeah, basically, you take whatever is with you at the time. It has to be CONNECTED to you. As I said, if that phone rings, you won't be running around looking for a sword, so you can't pull that bull on me. Feel free to take a sword / weapon to Psyren, I don't truly care, but as I said before, you won't be carrying the sword with you in the street, you won't be able to grab it conveniently when your phone rings, and the best way to get a weapon there is to hide it somewhere you will likely be nearby (Home town, your house etc.)

Finally, and I quote:

Quote :
When I brought to attention that the Manga backs this up by proving that Amamiya carries weapons with her into PSYREN Ciro claimed that Amamiya simply "hides" this weaponry in the future.

I like your use of "Hides". It appears to me you're trying to be disrespectful to staff, and saying that he's wrong in that department. According to his link, he's not, so I'm more inclined to believe him. And considering you went through all the trouble to find those pages, I'm honestly surprised you didn't try to see if Ciro's claims were correct. If I try to prove someone wrong, I firstly try to find out if they're right.

So, in conclusion:

There is not enough time between the phone call and intense pain for you to collect your things.
Respect Staff, they've all read every page of this Manga thus far, they know what they're talking about.
Stop bitching, this is dealt with.
I'm a legend

That is all.

Methias.

Not gonna bother to quote exactly the parts I want.

My point was not that guys have enough time to head home or some crap like that. I meant, if I'm prepared when the call comes, and I do have time to prepare as Ageha was tied up as the call came in and he even had time to pack a bag...soooo...yeeeea.
My point was that, let's say I'm carrying a gun, my gun is gonna come with me into PSYREN.

That, and my point was not that people have 1/2 a hour or anything of the sort. I mean, in all honesty, if you ever went to PSYREN and you knew you were going to come back, at any random time, would you not buy a pistol or something, just to keep in your waistband? Assuming you don't encounter anyone to teach you about your new superhuman abilities.

And besides, even with Rise at the level of Kagetora, getting hit in the head with a bat, directly, is gonna hurt, and it's gonna draw blood. Inu proved it for us when he spent a couple hours bashing in his skull with a normal bat.
Back to top Go down
Methias

Methias

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:50 am

Quote :

No more needs to be said about what you just posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Items in PSYREN Empty
PostSubject: Re: Items in PSYREN   Items in PSYREN Empty

Back to top Go down

Items in PSYREN
Page 1 of 1